Make 2023 your STRONGEST year ever (if you’re over 30 in east London).
- Get strong, flexible and powerful without the usual corresponding injuries that come from learning these highly skilled moves.
- Enjoy the benefits of improved muscle, bones, joints and even your heart and lungs.
- Avoid the tiredness and progressive slow-down that comes after the age of 30. We’ll help you feel energised and strong in a very short space of time.
- Work with an expert coach to get results quickly – no more worries about getting things wrong and wasting time.
How it works
The Strength Ambassadors Ultimate Olympic Weightlifting for Beginners Course for just £275 includes:
- 6 x 1-hour small group classes over 3 weeks (Wed 7.30pm & Sat 1pm)
- 1-hour private PT session with a senior weightlifting coach
- Your first regular class is included, bridging the gap between beginners-only sessions and regular training with the squad
- Feedback on your lifts and personalised advice to help you get the best from the course – leaving no stone unturned on your way to becoming your strongest ever self!
We’ve helped 30+ people in east London for years. If you’re looking to make ‘23 your strongest, fittest and most energised ever, click here.
71 Holland Road
London E15 3BP
How do I book the Olympic Weightlifting Beginners Course?
Please purchase the Olympic Weightlifting Beginners Course here. You will receive an email confirming your booking and all the details.
When does the Olympic Weightlifting Beginners Course start and when does it run?
Our next course starts on Wednesday 15 March, 7.30pm-8.30pm
The full course dates and times are:
Wednesday 15 March, 7.30pm-8.30pm
Saturday 18 March, 1pm-2pm
Wednesday 22 March, 7.30pm-8.30pm
Saturday 25 March, 1pm-2pm
Wednesday 29 March, 7.30pm-8.30pm
Saturday 1 April, 1pm-2pm
What if I can’t make one of the session dates?
We will ensure that you catch up with what you have missed in future sessions. You can also go over anything you have missed in your private 1-2-1 session with the coach.
What does the beginners course involve?
In this course, we cover technique for the Olympic lifts – the snatch and clean & jerk – every week. Each session we break down the movement and show you how to perform the lifts efficiently. Week by week, we’ll build up the complexity. By the end of the course, you will be confidently performing the snatch and the clean & jerk.
Once you’ve completed the course, you are invited to attend a class (included in the price) to experience regular weightlifting training.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for complete beginners. It is also great for those who have tried the olympic lifts before and want to learn correct technique.
Do I need any previous experience in weight lifting or going to the gym?
You don’t need any previous experience, just an interest in Olympic Weightlifting. We are highly experienced in coaching complete beginners from scratch. You will be in safe hands, and we encourage you to learn with us straight away, rather than try to ‘get strong’ on your own first.
I am over fifty – am I too old to learn the Olympic lifts?
Absolutely not! We welcome newcomers of all ages. We have had students in their fifties and sixties take our beginners courses over the years and it has been a fun and empowering experience.
One of our members, Fiona, spoke to the Guardian about her weightlifting:
“I got obsessed with watching Olympic weightlifting during London 2012,” says Fiona Clements, a software developer working in London. “I was 48 at the time. I thought I’d left it far too late to even consider trying it, but then I kept thinking about it. It took until September 2022, but I finally went for it.” Now 58, Clements … says she has never felt stronger.”