The internet is awash with ‘reasons why women should lift weights’ type articles that focus on sexy butts, toned arms, looking hot and not being bulky.
So I really don’t need to jump in on this one.
Anyway, that shit bores me. Sorry, but it does. I moved on a long time ago.
Here are 10 other reasons that women should lift weights:
1. It makes you strong. Being strong is excellent! You feel like you can do anything. You walk down the street with a spring in your step.
2. It makes you better at every other physical activity, from running to dancing.
3. As you see yourself progressing slowly but surely, you feel like you are getting somewhere in life, not just stuck on a hamster wheel.
4. It makes you feel powerful and in control. You are overcoming big forces. Gravity! Torque! Inertia!
5. The gym actually becomes interesting. You develop focus and concentration, you don’t zone out.
6. Stronger muscles and stronger bones mean you’ll function better in life, for longer and with less risk of breaking. The older you are, the more you need weight training!
7. You are busting a stereotype, confounding expectations, surprising people. This is cool. It gives your ego a boost.
8. You challenge yourself, get out of your comfort zone. You do things that scare you a little bit, but you feel great afterwards.
9. You explore abilities you didn’t know you had. Many of you have no idea how strong you really are!
10. You can’t be a princess. You have to get real and put some effort in. You will be rewarded.
Bonus reason! And this is the biggie….
11. You’ll be so excited by getting stronger, you won’t give a fuck what you look like any more.
Which is ok, because you’ll look pretty damn impressive chucking that iron around.
Absolutely true…thank you for sharing. …